Zoeken in deze blog

dinsdag 3 mei 2011

Awesome and/or pointless websites

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.

So I came upon a few awesome websites, and a few pointless ones. And for some unknown reason (even to me) I decided it would be just about the best idea in the world to share it with you people!
So here they are:


----------------------------------

Let us start with a pointless one. It is actually not so much a website, as it is a youtube video.
Still, have a watch:


Now as you can see, this machine is pretty much pointless, although I can probably keep myself busy with this little fellow for at least a day or two :) I think it will only be a matter of time before you can actually buy these in stores all over the globe!

----------------------------------

This next one is pretty pointless, but I do kind of enjoy it.


It is this website where you can activate any of these 20 videos to create music. All seperate videos were played in B-flat, so it will not sound too weird when you mix all of the videos. Just randomly play a few, and let the sweet music commence!

----------------------------------

This one is kind of fun for me because I'm a physics student, but I guess the rest of the world can enjoy this website too!


As he name would suggest, it is a website that shows you the scale of the universe. You start with the scale of coffee beans and earth worms but you can zoom in and out with the bar below the pictures to see just how big the universe is, or how small the smallest objects in our world are (or at least we think they are).
The background music is kind of annoying after a while though, not sure how to turn it off..

----------------------------------

FEAR.
Are you mortally affraid of anything? Well, then there is probably a name for it.
This website:
lists all the known phobia known today (or at least a lot of them). Some of them are quite funny, I guess there are a lot of people out there fearing stuff that most people will probably not find frightning at all. Some examples:

Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing.
Ailurophobia- Fear of cats.
Alliumphobia- Fear of garlic.
(I guess Dracula suffers from this)
Botanophobia- Fear of plants.
Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch.
(very understandable)
(I'm Dutch by the way)

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.


And my personal favourite:
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
The irony is not lost on me :p


But it is names like Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia that makes me wonder if this site is fake, or at least some of the names for these phobias are.
Still, it's great for a good laugh!


(I apologize if I offended anybody who suffers from the phobia's mentioned above)

----------------------------------

Last website for today, and then I'm going to go do other stuff!


When you open the website you will immediately notice the 91 squares on the right. By clicking on any of them you will open a window with the optical illusion and a full explanation of what you are supposed to see, and why it is an illusion. It's pretty awesome actually! go check it out!!

----------------------------------


That's all for now!
More coming soon :)

-Gabelafastoe

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten